In 2023 we go to the magical island again!
Samothraki means a Greek experience where we combine unique adventure with island relaxation. During seven days we descend through the waterfalls of the most beautiful canyons of the island. We float through turquoise waters, slide down natural slides and capture landscapes that remain in the soul. The smell of rosemary, wild goats, centuries-old trees, the clear sea and the mountain with the temple of the gods transport you every time to an ancient and perhaps even mystical Greece.
We invite you to enjoy 7 days of adventure on one of the most beautiful islands of the Aegean Sea!
Choose to spend an active vacation, spiced up with the hidden paradise of the Greek canyons.
Period: August 5-13, 2023
Location: Samothraki Island, Greece
Activities: canyoning, exploring with SUPs, hiking, exploring picturesque villages, relaxing on the beach, swimming in the Aegean Sea, tasty meals at taverns, visiting points of cultural interest
Rate - 3500 lei/person
The place is considered reserved when the advance of 1100 lei is paid. The advance is refundable or can be converted to another type of program only under the following conditions:
- If you withdraw for personal reasons more than 3 weeks before the shift start date, the deposit can be used to attend any other event organized by us in 2023.
- If you withdraw due to Sars-Cov2 infection on the date of the event, the advance can also be used in other programs organized by us throughout the 2023 season.
- In the event of the entry into force of restrictions that make it impossible to organize the program, the advance will be returned in proportion to 100%.
If you withdraw with less than 3 weeks due to personal reasons other than those mentioned above, the deposit is non-refundable.
Maximum number of participants: 12 people
Personal equipment required:
• Shoes for canyoning (it will get wet); It must have an adherent sole and as rigid as possible, excluding sandals, flip flops or tennis shoes
• Trekking shoes - suitable for a mountain route of moderate difficulty
• Appropriate clothing for a mountain trail (including a waterproof and windproof jacket)
Equipment provided by us:
• Wetsuit and neoprene socks
• Safety helmet
• Life jacket
• Backpack for transporting personal equipment on the canyons
• Harness and rope descent device
• Ropes for canyoning
• Sealed can or bag
Accommodation: Kato Kariotes village
As every year, we stay at the guesthouse of a local family, very kind and hospitable. The rooms are for 2 or 3 people, with a fridge and private bathroom. We have a summer kitchen and all the necessary utensils for self-catering.
We also have Wi-fi, large garden with shady trees - great places to set up hammocks, an outdoor grill and 24/7 access to the Aegean Sea.
The guesthouse is isolated from any other buildings or properties, 15 seconds walk to the beach! At 5 minutes we have the nearest traditional restaurant, and at 1.5 km the tourist and commercial center of the island, with taverns and small shops of local producers open until late at night.
• Accommodation at a secluded, quiet guesthouse on the beach (practically, you go out to the bathroom in flip flops, from the room)
• Technical equipment necessary to descend the canyons, mentioned above
• The assistance of qualified and enthusiastic canyoning guides
• Detailed on-site training so we can enjoy safe exploration
• Photos and videos to remember the adventure fondly
• Access to the summer kitchen (possibility of self-catering)
• A memorable week!
Does not include:
• Transportation (if you don't have anything to bring, we can provide transportation within the limits of available seats in our minibus)
• Medical insurance
• Transport by ferry Alexandropolis – Samothraki and return (~16 euro/person/way, ~60 euro/car/way)
• No prior canyoneering experience is necessary, but it is important to be comfortable both in the water and on high rocks
• Required level of physical training: normal. Previous experience in rough, mountain terrain is recommended. If you do not have experience in traveling on this type of terrain, ask for helpful information at the phone number in the contact
• We will do an on-site training for the use of the equipment, abseiling technique and canyoning
• We will alternate canyoning days with days of relaxation, morning yoga, exploration or even hiking
• The island can be reached by ferry Alexandropolis – Samothraki, cost ~ 16 euros/person, 60 euros/car one way, the tickets not being included in the cost of the program (we will know the exact cost of ferry transportation closer to the planned date, when the operator publishes the rates for that period; the rates mentioned are those of the previous year, but can be taken as a reference)
• Small taverns with local goat dishes, fresh fish and fig jams were among the favorites of the adventurers of the past years!
How do you get there
Your city - Alexandroupoli :)
Alexandroupolis (with stopover via Athens)
Thessaloniki (direct flights from Bucharest)
*If you can't find transport to Alexandroupolis, give us a sign and we'll find a solution for you.
Latest viewed products
write a review
The review was sent successfully.